Apple butter is great on biscuits, muffins, toast, pork chops, ham and oatmeal. Here’s how to make it at home with fresh apples.
- 5 pounds apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 4 cups of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of ground cloves
Stir all ingredients together well in a large bowl. Transfer to a crockpot and cook, UNCOVERED, on high for 6 to 7 hours. It isn’t necessary to stir it. Cool and place into containers. Keep refrigerated or freeze if you won’t be using the butter right away.