Whether you eat them as an appetizer or turn them into a main dish for a meal, you’re gonna love these. I’m making plans to make #1 this weekend myself.
1. Bacon Wrapped Scallops: Easy and delicious. Wrap a piece of raw bacon around a scallop and secure it with toothpick. Broil for about 10-15 minutes until the bacon is cooked. Turn half way through cooking.
2. Crab Bisque: A creamy soup, it’s heartwarming on a cold day. Serve it with some bread and a salad and you’ve got a complete meal. Use homemade shellfish stock for extra fresh flavor.
3. Crab Cakes: These lovely pan fried savory cakes are made in a variety of ways, but are traditionally served with remoulade sauce. All you need is some crab meat, onions, eggs, bread crumbs and a few seasonings and you can make crab cakes.
4. Garlic Shrimp: Remove the shells, but keep the tails on your large shrimp. Saute in a pan with butter and finely chopped garlic until the shrimp turns pink. Serve with garlic bread and greens.
5. Oysters Rockefeller: This delicacy consists of oysters on the half shell. They are made in a variety of ways but often topped with a rich butter sauce, cheese and spinach and baked.
Choose one or choose them all for you next cocktail party.