Recipes for Ground Beef – 15 Ideas for Dinner
Looking for dinner ideas using ground beef? Here are some ideas that might fit the bill for your culinary tastes.
1. Beef Chili: A traditional comfort food, chili is pretty easy to make. Just brown some ground beef. Then sauté onion and other finely chopped vegetables of your choosing. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with chili powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Beef and Pasta Casserole: It’s like Hamburger Helper, but better because you make it yourself. Cook some rotini noodles and set aside. Meanwhile, brown some ground beef and onions in a large pot. Once it is browned, add some stewed tomatoes and the rotini noodles. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Once fully heated, stir in some shredded cheddar and mozzarella.
3. Beef Tacos: A family favorite, tacos are a snap to make. Brown some ground beef, add taco seasoning and water, then simmer. Meanwhile, cut up lettuce, tomato and heat hard or soft taco shells. Service with shredded cheddar, salsa and sour cream.
4. Cheeseburger Pie: To get started, brown some ground beef and finely chopped onion. Remove from heat and mix in a couple of raw eggs, shredded cheddar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. For your crust, you can make a fresh homemade crust, use a premade one or try some biscuit mix. Form the crust on the bottom of your pie plate and add the beef mixture, top with shredded cheese and bake in a 350 F oven for about 40 minutes.
5. Chili Cheese Dogs: If you have leftover chili, here’s a perfect next day meal or if you don’t, you can used canned chili. Make your hot dogs like you usually make them and top with them with some chili and shredded cheese. Place in oven to melt the cheese and enjoy.
6. Hamburgers: An old standby, burgers are always a well-appreciated meal. Use frozen patties or make your own. Add some fun with a variety of toppings, including different cheeses, sautéed onions, mushrooms and even fried eggs.
7. Lasagna with Beef: A great make-ahead meal. Get everything ready, refrigerate and then all you have to do is bake when it’s time to eat. Layer your lasagna by alternating beef pasta sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, and a mozzarella-parmesan mix. Bake covered for about 30 minutes and then remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes to brown the cheese.
8. Meatloaf: Have fun with your meat loaf and with a few raw pieces of bacon before baking. Or if you have kids who refuse to eat vegetables, puree some and sneak it in your loaf. Serve with mashed potatoes.
9. Nachos with Beef: Brown some ground beef and simmer with taco seasoning. Then layer tortilla chips, cheddar and jack cheese, diced peppers, ground beef and tomatoes on an oven-safe dish. Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
10. Shepherd’s Pie: Another make ahead dish you can prepare and then just bake when you ready. It’s a layer of fully-cooked ground beef with diced vegetables, seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Then it’s topped with mashed potatoes. You can put a little shredded cheese on top and then bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes for nice browning.
11. Sloppy Joes: Sloppy Joes are super easy to make with a pre-made seasoning mix. Just brown some ground beef, follow the directions and place on warm buns. Then get sloppy!
12. Spaghetti with Meat Sauce: Whether you use canned sauce or make your own, the addition of ground beef add a nice flavor and texture. Brown the beef first before adding it to the sauce and then let it simmer for a while before serving.
13. Spaghetti with Meatballs: Add meatballs to your next spaghetti dinner. You can make them with ground beef, breads crumbs or oats, an egg and a bit of milk. Season with salt and pepper and bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes.
14. Stuffed Peppers with Beef: Fully-cooked ground beef is mixed with cooked rice and placed in a stuffed pepper and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 F.
15. Swedish Meatballs and Noodles: Swedish meatballs are a combination of ground beef and ground pork and have a much softer texture than beef-only meatballs. Serve with Alfredo sauce mixed with beef stock and serve over egg noodles.