I always buy a larger roast beef than needed because there is so much that can be done with leftovers. Here are a few ideas for after your next roast beef dinner.
1. Beef Dip: This yummy sandwiches are easy to put together when you have leftover roast beef. Slice it thinly and warm in it a skillet with a bit of beef stock. Spread horseradish mayo on a bun and add the warmed meat. Serve with au jus sauce for dipping.
2. Beef Fried Rice: Who says chicken and pork are the only meat you can use for fried rice? If you’ve got leftover beef, cut it into small pieces and add it, your favorite vegetables and scrambled eggs to your rice.
3. Beef Pot Pie: Whether you use fresh beef or leftover, beef pot pie is a very comforting dish. Use fresh handmade pie crust or purchase premade. Use your favorite vegetables and you’ve got a great meal in front of you.
4. Beef Ramen: Add some sliced and fully cooked beef and vegetables to your ramen noodles. It brings a whole new sophistication to Mr. Noodle!
5. Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches: If you have some pre-cooked roast beef, a bun, some mozzarella cheese, onion and mayo, you’ve got yourself a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Saute the onions and place all the ingredients on the bun. Melt the cheese in the oven until bubbly and enjoy.
6. Beef and Barley Soup: A hearty old favorite, beef and barley soup is made with chopped roast beef, chopped canned tomatoes, finely chop carrots and onions and beef broth. Use salt, pepper, basil and oregano for seasoning.
I’m gearing up to make a roast beef with yorkshire puddings tomorrow, so you can bet we’ll be having some beef pot pie this weekend too!