Recipes for Chicken Dinner – 10 Ideas for Your Meal
If the last few recipes with chicken didn’t quite do it for you or you need more ideas, here are 10 more chicken dinner ideas for you.
1. Chicken Schnitzel: For this simple meal, take a boneless and skinless chicken breast and slice it lengthwise in half. Then pound the meat until it is tender and flat. Coat the pieces lightly in flour, then dip in egg and finally roll in bread crumbs. Then fry until browned on both sides and chicken is fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes for each side. Serve with potatoes or rice and vegetables; or slice it up and put it on a hearty salad.
2. Chicken Stir Fry: A stir fry is what you make it. All you need is some boneless chicken breast, cut in pieces, and your favorite vegetables. Saute the chicken until no longer pink on each side. Then add your vegetables and cook until desired tenderness. Serve over rice, noodles and add soy sauce or other preferred seasonings.
3. Chicken Tacos: Reduce the cholesterol content in your tacos, by using ground chicken or even chunks of chicken breast instead of ground beef. Brown and cook the chicken thoroughly, add your seasonings and water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve in soft or hard shells with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
4. Chicken Chili: Another idea for reduced cholesterol and a different flavor. You can use ground chicken instead of beef in your chili and it’s easy to make in the crockpot. Brown the ground chicken and add it to the crockpot. Then add chopped onion, peppers, kidney beans (soak first or use canned, but drain them first) and your seasoning. You can use pre-packaged seasonings or make your own with chili powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add some hot sauce if you like it hot.
5. Club Sandwiches: This double decker sandwich is sure please. All you need is 3 pieces of bread per sandwich, sliced turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Spread mayo on one side of each piece of bread Take one slice of bread and top with turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with a slice of bread and spread mayo on the top side. Then add another layer of turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with the last slice of bread. Season with salt and pepper and serve with soup or a salad.
6. Cobb Salad: A hearty and delicious salad, all you need is your favorite lettuce mix, chicken breast pieces, crisp bacon, sliced boiled egg, avocado and Roquefort cheese. If you don’t have Roquefort cheese, any shredded cheese will do in a pinch. Serve with a red wine vinaigrette.
7. Roast Chicken with Roasted Vegetables: Roasting a chicken is not only delicious, it’s actually quite easy. Coat a whole chicken with your favorite rub and place in a roasting pan. Place roughly chopped potatoes, carrots and onions around the chicken. Roast covered for about an hour and a half or until the chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165 F. Don’t forget to baste every half or so and you can remove the cover in the last half hour to help the skin brown.
8. Indian Butter Chicken: A traditionally spicy dish, usually served with rice, you can adjust your Butter Chicken to desired spiciness. Butter chicken is made by creating a sauce with finely chopped shallots and onions, garlic, butter, lemon juice, tomato puree and plain yogurt. It’s seasoned with garam masala, chili powder, cumin, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Cooked boneless chicken pieces are added and the sauce is thickened with cornstarch and water.
9. Popcorn Chicken: Skip the KFC and make your own baked popcorn chicken instead. Cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces. Coat the pieces with flour, salt and pepper. Place in a well-buttered baking dish and add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes, stir and cook for another 10-12 minutes until crispy.
10. Rosemary Chicken: Rosemary adds such great flavor to chicken, so use it readily. All you need is some chicken thighs and drumsticks. Season with salt, pepper and top with fresh chopped rosemary. If you don’t have fresh, you can use dried. Cook in a 375 F oven for about 45 minutes. Serve with potatoes or rice and vegetables.
More Recipes for Chicken Dinner:
- Chicken Caesar Salad, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Chicken Divan
- Bacon wrapped chicken breasts, beer can chicken and Chicken a la King
- Chicken burgers, burritos and Chicken Cacciatore