Ground turkey contains less fat Here are some dinner ideas you can make with ground turkey.
1. Turkey Burgers: Instead of traditional ground beef, try lean ground turkey. Try some stronger seasonings for your patties to add more flavor as ground turkey tends to have a blander flavor than ground beef on its own.
2. Turkey Chili: Whipping up a batch of your favorite chili? Try using ground turkey instead of ground beef. Add each to a sourdough loaf for a hearty and comforting meal.
3. Turkey Meatballs: While turkey can be leaner (make sure to check the label) than ground beef, it doesn’t always have as much flavor. Add garlic and other strong seasonings to your meatball recipe for delicious turkey meatballs.
4. Turkey Meatloaf: Ground turkey, egg, oatmeal and a bit of milk can form your loaf. To add more flavor, add tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Serve with mashed potatoes.
5. Turkey Stroganoff: An old traditional favorite, usually made with ground beef meatballs, can also be made with ground turkey. Serve over egg noodles and enjoy.
6. Turkey Tacos: Taco seasoning goes great with ground turkey because it brings out so much flavor. Serve with soft or hard shells, lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream.
The 2 main thing to remember is, because lean ground turkey has less fat than beef it tends to be a bit drier and not quite as naturally flavorful. Cook with extra seasonings and where possible, add ingredients that have more water content.