More Baking Tips – Randomized
A little while ago, I shared a few random baking tips. Here are a few more to make your treats a fantastic delight!
- When baking, place the oven rack in the middle position unless otherwise noted in the recipe.
- A baker’s dozen is 13. Baking in 13s helps in arrangement and allows items to bake more evenly. I personally never do that, but thought you might want to know! 😉
- Brown sugar is measured “packed”. That means you should press it firmly into your dry measure cup to ensure you have the right amount.
- Uneven temperature in your oven? Rotate your cookies and other baked items part way through for more evenness.
- Measure dry ingredients like flour and sugar with dry measuring cups. Fill the cup and scrape a knife over the top to remove extra.
- When measuring wet ingredients like oil or milk, always place the measuring cup on the counter to ensure a level surface.
Now get baking!