Following up on our cookie baking tips, let’s follow up with some cake and muffin tips too. These are just some random tips I thought might come in handy for you.
We talked about these two before:
- A cake or a loaf is done if you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Muffins are done when you lightly press on them and they spring back.
Here’s some more:
- Try an ice cream scooper to pour your muffin batter into muffin pans. You’ll get just the right amount and fewer drips.
- Don’t want your cake to stick to your serving platter? Dust the platter with some icing sugar.
- If you need a cake or iced cupcakes for a special occasion, but have a tight schedule, you can bake or freeze your cake or cupcakes ahead of time. Defrost and apply your frosting before the big event.
- Most frosting spreads best at room temperature, so plan ahead when you need to ice a cake.
- Cool your cake completely before frosting or your icing will melt!