I share a lot of recipes and cooking tips here at Mom Intelligence. If that’s not enough, here are some totally random baking tips that might put a little extra spring in your next loaf.
- If you bake a certain recipe often, double the batch and allow to cool completely,. Then place in airtight containers and freeze.
- If a recipe doesn’t specify egg size, you can assume you should use large eggs.
- If your baking sheets become dark and crusted, line them with foil before baking and recycle when you’re done.
- Always preheat your oven before baking so that you can ensure even cooking.
- When a recipe calls for beating butter, plan ahead and make sure your butter is at room temperature.
- Use your judgment and experience when deciding whether you need to grease a pan or not. If you have high quality non-stick surfaces, it’s likely you don’t need to add any extra fat to your baking.
- Add some nutritional value to your pancakes. Add pureed sweet potato or pumpkin for great flavor too.
- Give your baking a veggie boost: carrot muffins, chocolate zucchini loaf and pumpkin cookies.
I’ll have some more for you soon.