Tips for a Relaxing Spa Day at Home
Have people suggested that you take some time out for yourself at a spa? Maybe you think that there’s no way you could afford it, and that you couldn’t make that kind of time commitment.
However, there is a way to give yourself a spa day in your own home. It takes less time and money than a day at a professional spa. You just have to plan for it. Here are some ideas on how to create this special day for yourself.
1. Arrange for Child Care
Of course you love your children; but to have a day that’s really your own (where you’re not wiping noses and fixing meals and cleaning messes), arrange for someone to take you child or children for a good part of the day. Even a few hours is long enough for some spa pampering.
2. Gather Your Supplies
For a spa day at home, you’ll need some basic items. Here is a list to help you get started:
* Healthy snacks and meals (nothing ruins a healthy spa day like getting hungry and going for the chips because you don’t have any healthy foods prepared)
* Relaxing music
* Facial mask of your choice, homemade or store-bought
* Pumice stone
* Pedicure and manicure supplies, such as nail clippers, files, polish, cuticle remover, nail soak or oil, etc.
* Relaxing herbal teas
* Body lotion or oil
* Deep hair conditioner
3. Enjoy Your Spa Day
Once you have things planned and your supplies ready, you can settle in to your spa day. Here are some suggestions for how to make it happen.
* Exercise – Before you begin, do some light exercise and take a shower. Then you’ll be energized and relaxed at the same time, and your skin will be clean and ready for treatment. Use lotion or oil on your skin after your shower.
* Create the environment – Turn off the phone and electronic devices. Make the lighting fit your taste; if you like natural sunlight and fresh air, open doors and windows. Or you might prefer dim lighting with candles. Put on the music you’d like.
* Apply hair treatment – If you’re doing deep conditioning, you can take advantage of your hair still being damp from your shower. Work the conditioner in and wrap a towel around your head while it works.
* Apply your face mask – While you’re letting the mask and conditioner do their work, lie down on the couch and eat some healthy foods like fruit.
* Do your nails – After you’ve rinsed your hair and face, it’s time for your nails. Work on your calluses with the pumice stone, and treat yourself to a home pedicure and manicure.