Natural Anti-Aging Skin Care
It seems like every day there’s a new product on to market to help turn back time. Truthfully, no matter what any company tells you, there’s no such thing as a fountain of youth, but there are steps you can take to make yourself look and feel younger without surgery or expensive treatments or products.
A well balanced, nutrient rich diet is the best way to keep yourself looking young. A lot if skin aging is caused by free radicals. They are damaging chemicals from the air we breathe, the food we eat, and our environment in general. Just like free radicals can hurt us, antioxidants can combat free radicals.
Antioxidants like vitamins A, E, and C are found in many fruits and vegetables. Try eating a variety of vegetables along with a diet rich in protein, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products.
Just like some foods can help you look younger, other foods and bad habits can speed up the clock. To stay looking your best, don’t smoke and limit your consumption of alcohol and caffeine. You should also try to eat fresh (preferably raw) foods daily and avoid a lot of processed foods and preservatives.
Another skin ager is sugar – soft, sticky and deadly – it is not awful for your health in general it’s extremely ageing to your skin. Avoid or reduce sugar as much as possible from your diet and you will see a difference in your skin.
Dry skin, acne, and other skin issues can all make you look older as well, and they can all be helped by drinking plenty of water and eating right.
To supplement your healthy skin diet you can try a few natural products to maximize the effects. Try these at-home ideas that keep you looking young and vibrant.
* To help reduce your wrinkles, mash up a ripe banana, apply to your face and allow to sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
* Use lemon juice to remove age spots. Just apply daily to gradually lighten them away. If lemon juice is too harsh for your skin, mix it into your daily moisturizer to see results while keeping your skin soft and smooth.
* To reduce eye puffiness, grate a small potato and mix with a small amount of chilled apple sauce. Place on eyes and cover with a moist towel for 5 to 10 minutes.
* Gently exfoliate your skin daily to help the cells renew themselves and keep the skin looking youthful. Simply use a little natural uncooked oatmeal mixed with a teaspoon of honey and gently rub on your face. Rinse off with cool water. Your skin will look vibrant and soft.
* Use natural vitamin E oil on your face at night. Simply rub on a very thin layer in the areas most prone to wrinkles and let absorb into your skin overnight. In the morning try the exfoliating scrub mentioned above and you’re set to go.
While nothing can stop the clock altogether, healthy, youthful skin is achievable and these easy steps will help you get started.