Being a single mom has its challenges, but if you happened to be one, realize that it comes with it’s own benefits too. Take advantage of the time you have for your kids, yourself and more.
• More time for your children. Let’s face it, relationships take up time. By not having a significant other in your life, you are freeing up a large chunk of time that you can devote to spending with your kids instead. You will get to know them better and be able to be more involved in their day to day lives as well.
• Focus on yourself. Many mothers seem to always put themselves last. They are so busy being the caretaker for everyone in their family, that their needs and wants often get swept aside. This can quickly result in burn out and a sense of loss, too. When you are a single mom, you will have one less person to care for so you will be able to take better care of yourself.
• Bond with your friends. Your friendships are another area that was likely pushed aside in your daily life of taking care of your family and nurturing your relationship with your significant other. Being a single mother opens up the possibilities of coffee dates at your house or hers with the two of you chatting will your children play happily together. You will also be able to go out and see a movie or grab a bite to eat with your friends.
• Explore those hobbies. Now is the time to pick up that hobby you have always want to explore but did not have time to devote to it previously. If it is a hobby that you can involve your children in, all the better since you can introduce them to this different aspect of your personality.
• Your choices. As the only adult in the household, you are able to make the key choices in your life with no input from anyone else. You decide how the money should be spent and where to go on vacation. The method of discipline that you choose is the one that will be followed in your house. There is no longer any need to compromise on the rules of the house once you are the single mom.