As wives and mothers, we often think about others well before we think about ourselves. What we don’t realize is that if we don’t take care of ourselves, we can’t adequately take care of the ones we love. Moms, it’s time to learn to pamper your inner soul!
Do you even know how to pamper your inner soul? Here are some ideas of things you may want to try:
* Take a bubble bath. Set aside an hour one evening or during the weekend. Fill up your bathtub with your favorite bubble bath and soak. Every woman knows that a long, hot bubble bath can soak away the cares of the day. Why not set aside the time and take one soon?
* Go for a walk. Exercise can clear your mind and nourish your inner soul. It also does great things for your body. Whether the air is crisp and cool or warm and breezy, going for a leisurely walk can make the difference in how you feel.
* Share the love. Nothing pampers your soul like getting the love and attention of your children or spouse. Bear hugs and sticky kisses can make even the worst day seem better.
* Splurge and head to a day spa. Talk about being pampered. Go for the full treatment – facial and massage. Why not get the works? Remember that you’re worth the time and money you’ll be spending.
* Listen to your favorite music. It has been said that “music sooths the savaged soul.” Pull out your favorite tunes and relax. You may even want to sing or dance along.
* Hydrate yourself. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Dehydration can make you feel run down and inhibit clear thinking. Take a few minutes to drink a cold glass of water and you’ll pamper your mind as well as your soul.
* Buy yourself a journal. Let out some of the feelings you may have been keeping bottled up inside. Don’t suppress tears if you feel them coming. It’s been said that crying is good for the soul; it may be time to let the tears fall.
* While you have your journal out, list three things that you like about yourself. Quite often we’re guilty of not thinking well of ourselves. Take a few minutes and seriously think about things you admire about yourself and write them down.
* Reach out and touch someone. Is there a friend you’ve lost touch with? Now would be a great time to reconnect. Talking with an old friend can be good for your soul. Who have you been missing?
* Meditate or pray. Meditation and prayer can both be rejuvenating. It can also reach a part of your soul that nothing else will.
You want to be a better wife and mother so you may want to take the time to pamper your inner soul. If you’re relaxed and at ease it will show through in the love you give, the time you spend, and how you make others feel.