Your first post-partum look in the mirror can be daunting. Then come the questions – how are you going to get in shape when baby takes so much time? How soon should you embark on a workout program? What’s the best method?
As long as you have your doctor’s go-ahead and have completely healed from the birth, a jogging stroller is a great solution.
Benefits of Jogging
Jogging is a great way to get in shape. Here are some of the benefits of jogging.
* Jogging helps burn calories, which is the key to weight loss.
* Stubborn fat, especially belly fat, is said to succumb to jogging.
* Jogging provides a full-body workout. Legs, arms, and core are all involved, which may help you feel a lot better all over.
* Heart health is said to be greatly enhanced by jogging. You get your heart rate up and keep it up for the duration of your jog.
* Muscle strength is increased by jogging. Moms need all the muscle strength they can get! Muscle tone, too, may be helped by regular jogging. It also is said to help build muscle as well, and the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn, even while sitting still.
* Bone density is increased with use, and with the right shoes and diet, the impact from jogging can help build bone. This is important particularly for nursing mothers.
* Studies show that exercise improves mood, particularly lifting depression. This can be a welcome effect for new mothers, who may suffer from post-partum depression.
Why a Jogging Stroller?
A jogging stroller provides all those benefits of jogging, but you get to take your baby with you. That fact helps solve one of the big problems many new moms face – not enough time to exercise. If you have to find a babysitter each time you went to work out at the gym, it’s not likely you’ll get there very often. But a jogging stroller is something you can use in your own neighborhood.
Another advantage of a jogging stroller is that babies love it. Older babies in particular really like moving fast in a stroller, and when they get old enough to ask, love to ask Mom to run while pushing the stroller.
Jogging strollers are designed differently than a regular stroller. Their design takes safety into account. While regular strollers have wheels, the similarity ends there. Jogging strollers have a three-wheel design, and the wheels do not pivot like they do in strollers designed for easy maneuvering at slow speeds. Jogging strollers are designed not to flip or tip the way umbrella strollers and other types might do when moving at the speed of jogging.