There are thousands of skin care products available at your local grocery store, but the truth is that you don’t have to spend money on them. Just make them yourself!
Making your own natural skin care products is a good option. By making something naturally at home you know that it doesn’t include harmful chemicals that can clog pores and cause many common skin issues. When you make something you know exactly what’s in it. And it’s often a lot cheaper to make your own than buying natural products from the store.
There’s no “one size fits all” recipe, so feel free to mix, match and make substitutions to these recipes as you feel appropriate.
Natural Moisturizer Recipes:
* Oil has been used as a moisturizer long before actual moisturizing products were sold. Use olive oil to soothe and heal dry skin. You can try mixing in other ingredients to help cleanse or provide extra moisture depending on your skin’s needs.
* Aloe vera is great for moisturizing the skin. Instead of buying a gel from the store, just use the gel straight from a leaf. Mix with coconut milk or olive oil to soothe and heal dry skin. This works great as a night and day moisturizer.
* When it comes to natural skin care, honey is known to many as a miracle food. Try mixing equal parts honey, vegetable oil and lemon juice (a natural bleaching agent). Mix and apply as a body lotion, especially rough areas. Let set for about 10 minutes and then rinse off for soft, smooth, refreshed skin.
Natural Face Wash Recipes:
Face Wash. While natural face washes don’t foam like traditional cleansers, they also don’t dry and damage the skin like normal face washes, plus they don’t include all the unnecessary chemicals and gunk.
* Dairy products are a great way to nourish and soothe skin. Mix two tablespoons of milk with 1/8 cup ground almonds, and a teaspoon of lemon juice to help wash away dead skin cells.
* For dry skin, try mixing equal parts yogurt and cooked oatmeal with some cucumber juice. This can also help sooth dry skin from eczema or other skin conditions.
* Here’s another great wash for damaged skin. Combine a peeled aloe vera leaf, a peeled papaya slice, a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon of yogurt in the food processor. This will help soothe and moisturize your skin naturally.
* If your skin needs some serious scrubbing, mix cornmeal with a small amount of water. Apply the paste to your face and scrub in a circular motion like you would with a regular facial scrub and rinse for fresh, new skin.
Natural Facial Masque Recipes:
* When it comes to dry skin, honey is always a good idea. It not only works as a moisturizer and cleanser, but also as a masque. Just apply honey, let sit for about half an hour and rinse for smooth healthy skin.
* To help exfoliate your skin and leave it looking fresh and new, put half a banana, half an avocado, a teaspoon of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of yogurt in the blender. Apply and let sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Banana is also great for helping to get rid of wrinkles.
* If you’ve got oily skin. Try mixing a beaten egg white with a teaspoon of sour cream and a teaspoon of grapefruit juice. Leave for 15 minutes then rinse. This will clean, gently moisturize, and the egg white will close up your pores leaving you looking great.
There are quite a few recipes here, but these are just the tip of the iceberg, designed to get you started. If they don’t work for you there are hundreds of options so you can find just what you’re looking for. Or better yet, find which ingredients work best for you and make your own recipes tailored to your skin and your needs.